1) stuffing: why do we eat this only once a year?
2) spinach artichoke dip: creamy, just enough spinach, artichoke, and hints of garlic. It’s a dream on a cracker.
3) pecan pumpkin tart: if you like pumpkin pie, or pecan pie, or both, then welcome to the perfectly sweet pair.
4) duck: this should become a staple at thanksgiving feasts. not just turduckin, but duck in and of itself.
5) sweet potatoes: ok, I’ll admit, I have a soft spot for sweet potatoes and eat them on a weekly basis. but they seem to be especially tasty around thanksgiving. maybe they are loaded up with extra honey and butter, but the sweet potatoes are amazing.
In our family, it is a Thanksgiving tradition to also serve sour kraut, two kinds of stuffing (dark and light, don’t ask me why), and waaaaayy too much food. What food traditions do you enjoy?